California Student Loan Debt Attorney
Student Loan Debt Resolution Requires Experienced Counsel
Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC can assist you with your Private Student Loans. These types of loans require experienced counsel and there are no easy solutions. Do not buy into the fear the lenders are selling. Nor can you simply complete a form and make it all better. Get the clarity, confidence, and control you need by talking to lawyers experienced in these types of complex debt.
Featured Case Results:
- August 28, 2017: TRIAL VERDICT – EDUCAP vs. Client. EDUCAP hired Gaba Law Firm to sue our client on a Student Loan and demanded 100% of the total amount due. The case went to trial and attorney William Campbell defended the case. The judge ruled in favor of the defendant/student. Student/Client pays $0.00! (EDUCAP v. Client Monterey County Superior Court case # 16CV0021XX)
- May 19, 2017: $260,076.83 Navient account settled for $67,000.00 (a savings of over 74%!)
- Client was sued by National Collegiate Student Loan Trust for $43,466.96. Settled the case for $15,880.00 (National Collegiate Student Loan Trust 2007-4 V. Client, Case#CIVDS15019XX)
- National Collegiate Student Loan Trust sued our client in Marin County Superior Court for $44,776.08 and CASE WAS DISMISSED for $0 (Marin County Superior Court case # 15014XX)
DISCLAIMER: Every case is different. Results depend on the unique law and facts of each case. Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC makes no guarantees or warranties about the outcome of any particular matter or case. The Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC website, or the information contained within the website, should be construed as ATTORNEY ADVERTISING
Where to find information on your student loan.
Private Student Loans
Get off the payment treadmill to nowhere!
*View this Huffington Post article that quotes Greg Fitzgerald’s Top 10 Reasons You Should Stop Paying Your Unaffordable Private Student Loans.
If you have not already done so, you should seriously consider defaulting on these loans. Although are many factors (such as the loan amount) and you should speak to an experienced attorney first, we often recommend clients default on these loans when: 1) they can’t afford to pay them or 2) they have no idea when they will be paid off. Would you buy a car or even a house when you have no idea when the payments would end? Of course not. The same goes for private student loans.
Private student loans are unsecured debt and are not different than your credit card (except for how they are treated in bankruptcy). Given that bankruptcy is usually not available to you on these debts, strategic default is the only way to get out of debt in your lifetime on most of these loans.
There are only 3 things they can do to you when you default on a private student loan:
- Call and write you demanding payment (having a lawyer as your representative will stop most of this)
- Derogatory report on your credit
- File a lawsuit against you- look at our case results and you will find that the only thing worse than a lawsuit is continuing to pay the full amount and never seeing the balance go down. Also, not all clients get sued!
Beware Student Loan Assistance Companies!
Below is a list of some well-known student loan assistance companies that have been accused of several shady practices as published by NerdWallet (read the original article here). Several of the companies listed below have been charged with various business violations including:
- Illegal practices by a state or federal agency or found to have engaged in illegal practices by a judge;
- Being managed by an individual who operates or has operated another business accused of illegal practices by a government agency or found to have engaged in illegal practices by a judge;
- Being operated by someone who has incurred significant debts or a criminal conviction;
- The business has been hit with liens for unpaid taxes; or
- The business is Rated D or F by the Better Business Bureau.
If you’re working with one of the companies below, CALL US IMMEDIATELY! Let us help you get rid of the debt and GET YOUR LIFE BACK!!
A list of all companies on the watch list can be found here. If you’d like to file a complaint against your student loan assistance company, the directions on how to file a complaint can be found here.
STUDENT LOAN ASSISTANCE COMPANY WATCH LIST
Academic Debt Alliance
Action Administrative Services
Advantage Student Loan Consolidation
Advantage Student Loans
Affordable Life Plans
Aiding Student Relief
Allied Doc Prep
American Student Aid
American Student Loan Consolidators
American Student Loan Forgiveness & Debt Relief
Benchmark Processing Inc.
Bright Futures Financial Corp.
Broadsword Student Advantage
College Education Services
College Financial Advisory
Consumer Assistance Project
Consumer Financial Resources
Consumer Protection Counsel, P.A
Debt Relief Pros Inc.
Direct Student Aid
Docs Done For You Inc.
Document Aid Relief
Done With Loans
Equitable Acceptance Corporation
Federal Student Aid Relief
Federal Student Loan Alliance
FedLoan Help Center
Financial Help Services Inc.
First American Student Aid
First American Tax
First American Tax Defense
Freedom Student and Tax Defense
Global Financial Support Inc.
Help Assist Me Default Resolution Services
Horizon Debt Group
Lexington Doc Prep
Liberty Tax and Student Loan Defense
Life Cycle Student Loan Relief
Merrill & Hart
Miller Student Loan Consulting
Nation Wide Consumer Debt Relief Inc.
National Secure Processing
National Student Aid Care
National Student Aid Center
National Student Loan Help
National Student Loan Rescue
National Student Loan Solutions
National Student Loans
National Student Servicing
Nationwide Student Aid
Performance Debt Relief
Performance SLC LLC
Post Grad Aid
Private School Loans Relief
Progress Advocates Group
Reliant Account Management
Rubik Payment Solutions
Select Document Preparation Inc.
Select Student Loan
Select Student Loan Help
Simple Student Loan Solutions
Strategic Debt Solutions
Strategic Doc Prep Solutions
Strategic Student Solutions
Student Aid Center Inc.
Student Aid Institute Inc.
Student Consulting Group Inc.
Student Debt Center
Student Debt Relief
Student Debt Relief Center
Student Debt Relief Group
Student Debt Resolutions Inc.
Student Debt Solutions
Student Financial Resource Center
Student Legal Services
Student Loan Advisors Group
Student Loan Aid
Student Loan Assistance Center
Student Loan Assistance Center (Florida)
Student Loan Care
Student Loan Consultants of America
Student Loan Counsel
Student Loan Educators
Student Loan Forgiveness Agency
Student Loan Forgiveness Center
Student Loan Group
Student Loan Help Direct
Student Loan Managers
Student Loan Processing.US
Student Loan Relief Advisors
Student Loan Repairman Inc.
Student Loan Resolution Center
Student Loan Resolve
Student Loan Service
Student Loan Service Managers
Student Loan Services
Student Loan Servicing Center
Student Loan Solutions
Student Loan Support
Student Loans Processing Corp.
Student Reform Associates
Student Relief Center
Student Zoom LLC
Sunshine Document Preparation Inc.
The Center for Student Debt Reform
The Student Loan Help Center
The Student Loan Project
The Student Loan Relief Department
U.S. Student Loan Services Inc.
United Advisors Group
United Student Loan Division
University of One
US Direct Student Loan Services
US Financial Freedom Center
US Student Loan Center