California Medical Debt Defense Attorney
Client Testimonial – Atul Kumar – Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC
No One is Immune to Medical Debt
Given the amount of medical debt that can be accumulated and how quickly, anyone can be wiped out financially, virtually overnight. It does not matter how much money you have. For those with little or no resources, bankruptcy is a simple and effective way to get a fresh start. But what about the consumer who has been able to accumulate some wealth such as a house or other assets? Should they be forced into bankruptcy or pay huge bills that are incomprehensible?
Worse, they may not even be able to file bankruptcy! What are they to do?
California’s Premier Medical Collection Lawsuit Attorney
Medical Collection Lawsuits: Have you ever been able to figure out your medical bill? If so, you are among the very few and you are probably wrong. There is nothing wrong with insisting a medical provider properly establish what is due. Why are you charged a different amount than insurance companies? Were you told what the charges were going to be? Were you shocked at the charges?
The time has come for consumers to not blindly accept what the Medical Industrial Complex says you owe!
Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC aggressively asserts all defenses available to you. These include statutes of limitation, unconscionably, lack of proof, and others. We will also assert all consumer protection laws such as collection harassment violations.
Featured Case Results:
- February 12, 2021: A Judgment against our client in the amount of $23,038.00 was settled for $6,900.00! Saving our client over 70%! (Western Medical Center Trauma v. Client. Case #30-2014-007622XX-CL-CO-CJC Orange County)
- October 27, 2020: $66,267.00 Centre for Neuro Skills was settled for $20,000.00. Saving our client over 69% of the debt!
- July 31, 2020: $17,648.00 Oasis Surgery Center was settled for $4,000.00. Saving our client over 77% of the debt!
- A claim by Mercy Medical Center Redding for $293,881.73 was settled for $58,776.35 in payments.
DISCLAIMER: Every case is different. Results depend on the unique law and facts of each case. Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC makes no guarantees or warranties about the outcome of any particular matter or case. The Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC website, or the information contained within the website, should be construed as ATTORNEY ADVERTISING.
I Have Unpaid Medical Bills. I can’t file Bankruptcy. What do I do?
FIRST, do not assume the amount you are billed is correct.
SECOND, do not assume you must pay the amount billed.
THIRD, do not assume your insurance company has paid the correct amount.
FOURTH, do contest all amounts alleged to be due.
FIFTH, do negotiate a payment on the total amount only after you are satisfied that the amount is correct.
SIXTH, do make sure any settlement agreement is in writing and resolves all amounts due to the provider.
SEVENTH, do retain Fitzgerald & Campbell, APLC to assist you if you need help. For very low fees, we will:
- Notify both the medical provider and insurer that we represent you on the account and that all future communications about amounts due must be sent to us
- Require both the medical provider and insurer to establish the amount billed, its basis, and the basis for amounts paid or unpaid
- Review these responses for accuracy
- Contest all unverified amounts
- Negotiate the amount due, including any hardships you may have
- Settle the amounts, as requested by you, using legally binding Release Agreements